- More than 6,500 people are dignosed every year.
- Almost 2000 people lose their life to mouth cancer every year.
- Just over half of those diagnosed survive beyond five years of diagnosis.
- Over two thirds of mouth cancers are detected at a late stage, reducing the chance of survival.
- Mouth cancer kills more people than cervical and testicular cancer combined.
- Tobacco use and drinking alcohol are the main risk factors.
- Four in five people don’t know the symtoms of mouth cancer.
What to look out for:
- Ulcers that do not heal within three weeks.
- Red and white patches anywhere in the mouth.
- Unusual lumps or swellings anywhere in the mouth.
You are more at risk if:
- Over 40
- Drink heavily
- Have a family history of cancer
Mouth cancer can affect any one of us and can spread quickly. So please visit your dentist regulary and ask if a mouth cancer check is done at your check up . It could save your life.
Because we care about your health we provide this check for non registered patients as well as our regular patients
I found this practice after an experience elsewhere. I was seen straight away and my pain was dealt with. I signed up to the payment plan and saved money as well.